View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 02:30 PM   #640
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
I'll stand by my statement that the plot hasn't moved much. In season 1 everything we've seen so far in season 2 would have been accomplished in 3 episodes tops. There have been 4 episodes of unneeded filler so far in season 2, in my opinion. I agree with your earlier comment that calgarywinning nailed it. Now that they have an indefinite amount of time to tell the story, they're going to drag it out. This could be ok, if the filler is satisfying. I'm just not enjoying this season even half as much as last season, and that's disappointing.

I'm not going anywhere though. The first season was more than good enough for me to buy in for the long haul and see where this goes. I'm not confident they'll ever reach the heights of season 1 again though.
I really didn't find that Season 1 moved especially fast. It was a much simpler plot too. Basically robots at park. Robots go bad at some point. We learnt a little about the backstories of William, Bernard, and Ford, but that was pretty much it.

The bigger issue with the show is that it's hard to keep the excitement going once you'e already laid down the bigger shockers associated with William, Bernard, and the map. There's only so many ways you can rehash the concept of humanity and technology being blurred.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: