View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #637
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought that last episode set the course for getting back on the right path. Once again Ford shows up to mess with the concepts of free will and slavery, and whether he be God or the Devil he is going to push Bernard through 'the Door' one way or the other.

Now that the majority of the major hosts have consciousness, this season seems to be a slow and cyclical burn on them discovering their own voices, and those of their fellow hosts. I hated the Delores character after the first 3 or 4 episodes, but in the last little bit Evan Rachel Wood has done a marvelous job of showing off the character's conflict, especially when it comes to what she's done to Teddy, and what is happening with her 'father'. Bernard is the closest to the truth, but also the most compromised.

My earlier theory has been shot to hell (blackmail), and it looks like the park was a testing ground for transferring conscience. I would be really excited if the show took a deep, dark look at identity once they fully iron out the characters. That's a season on its own.

We saw a valley full of dead hosts and Bernard claiming he killed them. We are slowly finding out how that came about. We've seen William's transformation into the Man in Black in far greater detail with his flashbacks to Delos and his efforts to re-create James Delos. Ford's mind has been copied into a virtual world, and is now inhabiting Bernard's mind. Maeve, Armistice, and Hector have all looked in the mirror, and Maeve at least has seen nothing but tragedy and sacrifice. Elsie has been a major player this season, as recent as the last episode. And Bernard's fractured memory is the entire structure of the storytelling (not that you have to like it).

So to say that there has been little to no plot progression, or to claim that there is no plot at all, is a bit disingenuous. Again, the pace has been plodding compared to the first season, but it's still a top 3 current-run show for me.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: