View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #257
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I would normally agree with this, but they marched toward a prayer service on Friday night and intentionally provoked and intimidated a group that was nowhere near them. If it were feasible to ignore them, I'd advocate for that. However, they have become emboldened by the rhetoric in politics over the last year and feel justified in SEEKING OUT a physical conflict where none currently exists.

In past years, leaving it alone would have been fine. That's no longer the case, and IMO, the president needs to answer for how he's fueled that violence. It happened at his rallies, it's happening outside of his rallies now in his name. He needs to denounce this and tell them he cannot do this in the name of Trump. But he won't, because his ego won't allow him to denigrate his supporters (he needs to feel their love), and because he's likely sympathetic to their cause.
Yes I agree that Trump is the single biggest narcissist we nay have ever seen in public office and that is truly saying something. Also agree that having Trump in office has emboldened them to a large degree. Nothing he says will change their beliefs or thoughts though. Truly I think he sees this as a right/left thing and that is of course absurd.

I still believe strongly however, that if you don't give groups like this the attention they seek, their message and act takes a massive hit. Seeing their "buddies" splattered all over CNN, Fox, CBS etc, is precisely what they crave. It's the only time they are of any relevance.

As you stated in the last couple decades they became unimportant because no one gave them much attention. It's not like the KKK (as an example) ever went away, its that no one cared to listen to or see them.