View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #250
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post

Nothing occurred overnight because of the curfew, which brings me back to one of the original points. If no one opposed them and just let them march to the statue so they could stand around yelling for no one but themselves to hear...a lot of damage and carnage could have been avoided. The media wouldn't bother covering for a second so the attention whores would be bereft of what they crave so much. I think there is a lesson in that moving forward.
I would normally agree with this, but they marched toward a prayer service on Friday night and intentionally provoked and intimidated a group that was nowhere near them. If it were feasible to ignore them, I'd advocate for that. However, they have become emboldened by the rhetoric in politics over the last year and feel justified in SEEKING OUT a physical conflict where none currently exists.

In past years, leaving it alone would have been fine. That's no longer the case, and IMO, the president needs to answer for how he's fueled that violence. It happened at his rallies, it's happening outside of his rallies now in his name. He needs to denounce this and tell them he cannot do this in the name of Trump. But he won't, because his ego won't allow him to denigrate his supporters (he needs to feel their love), and because he's likely sympathetic to their cause.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote