View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:09 AM   #248
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Here's what I learned from your post:
According to you racism in America shouldn't be considered a problem by minorities because you lived there for 11 years as a white person and have some friends who are minorities so you can speak for them.
You need to learn better then.

Im saying that i lived there 11 years so i dont need a gofund or whatever to go experience what happens there. I was there, I saw it, right in the heart of Appalachia. I lived in it which allows me a bit more knowledge than someone who has not. I saw first hand that minorities still run into bigotry, never said anything different. I also never said i can speak for anyone else, but nice obfuscation once again.

Quote:
Your math skills need some work, .001% of 350million is 350K. That's a lot of people, even 35k is a sizeable movement when you consider where it is mainly geographically concentrated.
Ooooh. You got me dude...well at least on a typo. Look where the comma was placed and ask yourself "did he miss hitting one more zero or did he miss a simple math equation" You decide.

Quote:
Lastly, you've demonstrated yet again that you seem to struggle with not resorting to petty insults when people disagree with you. So if I'm not part of this world we live in, how am I posting here? Are you certain that you're not the one from another world? Why not just focus on your argument, make sure you have your facts straight so you can be more confident in your position and not have to worry about people who disagree with you.
Petty insult? That you live in a different reality from me? If thats an insult to you, you may need to step away from debating. Cause that is simply a truth if what you write on this board are your actual beliefs.

And I am more than confident in what I post. I have no idea what "facts" I dont have straight but it really doesn't matter coming from you as you will just move the goalposts and make things up anyhow. You are the master of it.

Also, if what I post so outrages you, you can feel free to just ignore it, as I also can. Instead of getting "rick rolled", I get "iggy oi'd", which is as much my fault as yours.

Back to the actual events though...

Nothing occurred overnight because of the curfew, which brings me back to one of the original points. If no one opposed them and just let them march to the statue so they could stand around yelling for no one but themselves to hear...a lot of damage and carnage could have been avoided. The media wouldn't bother covering for a second so the attention whores would be bereft of what they crave so much. I think there is a lesson in that moving forward.