View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #625
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Not unexpected given the way the police were pretty giddy to let everyone know there was video of the incident.

In any case, and maybe it's as I've become more cynical as I aged, I feel like not long ago the police would have been given the benefit of the doubt and most people wouldn't have believed the initial post (unless the post is CalgaryBlood ). But the way CPS has presented itself in recent years (or maybe that's just because there's more video available), has seemed to shift the bias and a lot more people are willing to take these stories at face value.
Everyone makes mistakes, there are good and bad people, and I think the police are largely the same and the increase in video availability is the difference. People get typically quite angry and defensive when they get pulled over and you can understand that the typical officer has to deal with this on a daily basis so you aren't going to get much in the way of compassion or sympathy from them. As that lady says she got quite emotional and combined with anger and defensive behavior it's a bad mix that can bring out the worst in people.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote