View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #624
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
for those of you who didn't click the link, the apology is from the citizen to the constable and not an apology from the police.
Quote:
Sunday Omony
12 hrs ·
I would like to take this opportunity to share my sincere regrets for how my allegations and actions over the past month may have affected Constable Sheldon Hamm. On February 23 and March 4, I published an account of a traffic stop and accusations against the police officer who stopped me, Constable Hamm. The account I published was posted on my personal social media accounts where I shared my own personal emotional reaction to the incident. My account of the incident was unfair to Constable Hamm as it was a one-sided perception and was not accurate as it was written before I had the benefit of looking at the episode recording on March 13. Having watched the recording, it is clear that Constable Hamm didn't shout or scream at me as I had alleged. In fact, the recording of the event didn't match up at all with how I perceived it and what I wrote about it. I retract every allegation I made about Constable Hamm's conduct, as they are simply not accurate.
Experiences often shape our perception of how we are treated in certain situations especially those unfamiliar to us. I have never been stopped by the Police. When I was stopped and questioned about whether I had a valid Canadian Registered Licence or if I had Marijuana in my possession it struck a cord of unfairness which I reacted in my social media post. However, perceptions are not facts. My own personal emotional reaction to the incident was unfairly posted on my personal social media accounts. To be clear, I withdraw my statements. After having many in-depth conversations about the incident, I am responsible in withdrawing my statements. I regret any inconvenience that may have been caused to Constable Hamm and The Calgary Police Service. For these reasons, it is fair to apologize for my posts and for any possible stress caused to Constable Hamm. I greatly appreciate and respect Constable Hamm's peaceful and fair approach in resolving this matter. I look forward to using this experience as an opportunity to grow my knowledge and understanding of the things that can continue to make Calgary the great city that it is.
see fair to post it no?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: