View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 09:00 PM   #3808
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When I watch Hanifin I can’t help but think he’s made a concerted effort to focus on defence since this is his first year being matched against top players.

He may be having a little dip in play the last couple of games (normal fluctuation during a season) but I’d classify his game to date as solid.

I realize he’s on pace for 40+ points which is great for second pair but there is a lot more offense in him. I’m not complaining about his play at all. I just think there is more growth in his offensive game to give this year.

I’d like to see him lead the charge a little more. Just take the puck add that extra layer, carry it in and create. He doesn’t have to lug the puck either he can jump up and be tgat other option on the rush.

In preseason and early in the year I noticed he would freeze guys with a fake shot at the point and then walk around guys and attack. Usually he’ll come down the wall and stay outside, holding the puck, circling behind the net looking for a pass. Sometimes he’d shoot from that bad angle (he might try that short side top corner that Johnny sometimes tries) but I’d like to see him get the middle there. He’s got that shifty quality.

Can he skate like Brodie? Does he have the edge work? Can he makes those Brodie like rushes and get back?

He’s young, his game is developing, he’s still developing chemistry and trust with Hamonic and he’s on a new team but I really want to see him stretch his abilities and test his potential - he just oozes talent.

He’s a guy I could see elevating his play in meaningful games.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Lebowski For This Useful Post: