View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 07:19 PM   #2081
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Some thoughts so far

Blackheart, Nox, Yim def Kai, LeRae, Gonzalez

I think this was a pretty good opener, it was pretty high speed with a lot of dive spots. It goes to show how small the woman are when Gonzalez looked like Big Show at 6 feet tall. This was a fun match with a lot of dives over the rope and they really played up Nox as the gutsy competitor, but I still cringe whenever she lands hard. They teased a split when Kai accidentally booted Gonzalez in the face allowing Nox to finish Kai with the Lady Kane. Loved that LeRae basically played a bit of cowardly heel and her and Yim brawled into the garage never to be seen again. Blackheart is pretty dynamic but she's a bit herky jerky in her timing

7/10

Finn Balor def Damien Priest

Finn Balor is really good at what he does, if I have a complaint its that he's almost sliding back into his baby face character from the end of his main roster days instead of being the killer Prince. Damian is very good and will see a bump from this match.

6/10

Keith Lee def Johnny Gargano

I don't know, I didn't love this match, it just seemed flat. Some nice psychology in Lee selling his hand injury which should have balanced the matchup against his much smaller heel. Keith Lee is physically awesome, but I didn't like the booked ending of the powerbomb into the the powerslam. It just seemed too easy, and booking wise it didn't make sense to turn Johnny heel and feed him to Lee

5/10

Adam Cole Baybee def Velveteen dream

I'm not a fan of movie style matches, and I was glad that they avoided a gimmicky backlot brawl like the WWE and AEW offerings. I loved the intros with Cole showing up in a monster truck and Dream coming in a Lamborghini. I also loved the salute to the walking dead. This was an pretty good brawl and I got a laugh at the Uber appearance, I thought that was brilliant. Cole was victorious ending this feud as Dream gave up his right to another fight. Cole is one of the best in the business right now. If I had one complaint it was that the spotlight and headlights made things hard to see at times

7/10

Karrion Kross vs Ciampa

I'm a big fan in building up big men monster wrestlers and they've done a great job of this with Kross, Scarlett is awesome even with her close to mic dialogue with Kross. They've now made Kross the unbeatable monster by having him roll through Cimapa. If you watch carefully Kross was very careful in protecting Ciampa in this match.

8/10

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote