View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 02:19 PM   #24
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn View Post
I made the mistake of looking up comments on Twitter. The amount of people in the West who are pro-Putin is unbelievable. My family knows a few of them here in Calgary as well -- decent, nice people otherwise, but pro-Putin to the core with outrageous beliefs about Navalny, Ukraine, Nato, etc. that have no basis in reality.

Navalny signed his own death warrant by returning to Russia. It was just a matter of time and unfortunately, his death won't be the start of any popular uprising. Russians are sheep.

Although I am no Putin fan, I find that a lot of people who may be more aligned with his views on this conflict are coming from an angle of "why is Ukraine our problem" A lot of people don't like that the west is involved and that America is the worlds police in this and other matters.

I am of the view that Putin should have been taken out by the world's leaders ages ago and at the start of this war. I also think there is SOME validity to the concerns that a reasonable person has with regards to sending billions of dollars in military aid to another country when there are SO many issues at home.

Fully on Team Ukraine here and I understand the geopolitical nature in all of this but some of the concerns people have are legit concerns
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote