View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 02:25 PM   #111
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
I don't see a reason to doubt the guy. He's the best goalie every where he's played. The odds he's going to come up here and be no good seems quite remote to me.

If you had a skater prospect who won best player 4 years in a row between junior and the AHL, he's be considered the greatest prospect in the world a mile (although a skater in his position would never play 2 straight season in the AHL)
Oh I'm not saying that at all, just that historically speaking, the work-load of an NHL starting Goaltender is a lot higher than anything he's ever been used to.

We see it all the time, it takes a while for young goaltenders to adapt to the pace and schedule of the NHL.

We've said the same thing about Vladar, he can come in and play some good games, but can he do it 60 times? Its not a doubt or an indictment, its just the nature of the sport.

There is a reason people kept mentioning Kipper's longevity and ability to start ~70 games a season...thats hard. It takes some getting used to and there probably will be growing pains.

But if there is a time to see if he can do it, that time is now and next season.

I havent seen anything from Wolf to make me doubt him, but at the end of the day a handful of games is not the career of an NHL starting Goaltender.

So, call me 'cautiously optimistic.'

Which, if you know me, 'optimism' really isnt my bag. I've been a Flames fan long enough for that to have been thoroughly drilled out of me.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote