View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 12:08 PM   #23
Icantwhisper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
What bounce back? Myers and OEL were as good as you could reasonably expect either of them to be last year - they already HAD a bounceback - and the blue line was still mediocre at best. At worst it was ugly.

That being said, on paper, I still think it's about as good as Edmonton's blue line... which I shall now submit as the textbook definition of "damned by faint praise".

They're placing a lot of bets on wild cards. Kuzmenko's KHL performance suggested he'd be good for 50-60 points in the NHL, but we've heard that before from European players. Mikheyev scored at a 30+ goal pace, but he has no previous track record of doing so. Boeser had a bad year last year but had a lot of personal stuff going on. Hoglander was terrible under Boudreau but good the year prior.

They're just hoping every "maybe" turns out for them, which is not where you want to be.
That's most teams, I think if OEL plays like a 5MM a year guy and Myers can stop taking bad penalties they should be okay, they played like a playoff team under Boudreau so I think that should be the expectation. They are probably a 6-10 team in the conference