View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:49 AM   #260
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

last night my son played the last scheduled game, and I thought he was just ok. He gave up one goal because he could not corral an "easy" looking shot, and the second goal was scored by a AAA caliber player (kid went roof daddy and blew up my sons water bottle). Also had two shots hit the post, otehrwise I thought my son played ok.

5 2002 goalies from our association tried out and one was cut - my son has been chasing this group of kids from his birth year for 3 seasons now, so I am happy for him that he may have caught up to this group.

of course my wife is beside herself in how he could potentially be a late cut from the northstars and wind up playing on team 3/4 for our association if he is unable to get to many of his scheduled community tryouts - i tried to explain it to her, but she thought our association should look at it's policy.....

i am happy/proud to report that last night they cut two goalies and he was not one of the cuts - they are now down to 14 goalies. 6 are in the AAA intersquad game and 8 are in the two AA squad game. so to me this ultimately suggests that you have 8 goalies duking it out for two roster spots and there will presumably be some goalies affiliated.