View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 10:23 AM   #17
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Starting at the bottom provides no advantage in and of itself. The clue values add up to the same regardless. The important part is getting the daily double because of its value and since DD clues only appear in the bottom row, or sometimes 2nd from bottom, it is often a race to see who can find it first.
Daily Double clues do not only appear in the bottom row, or sometimes 2nd from the bottom. The top four locations for where daily doubles are located are all in the fourth row. The most frequent spot in the bottom row is the left corner, and it's only the 11th most frequent spot on the board. They are most likely in the fourth row, more likely on the bottom three rows, but they have been found in every location.

Source: http://digg.com/2018/joepardy-daily-...ability-mapped (I find it amusing jeopardy is spelled incorrectly in the url)

Starting at the bottom can be an advantage if they run out of time in the round. If you only get to answer two questions, it's obviously better to get the bottom two correct, compared to the top two, as they are worth more money. I cna't find stats on how many rounds leave questions unanswered, but I've seen it many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote