View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #68
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I did not think that I trumpeted my own belief.
You didn't. Don't worry about it.

I don't feel any particular need to go into the reasons I don't believe in any god, of any religion, or why I have no use for religion - it's just what it is. *shrug* I don't think any less of a person for what they believe in. If it makes you (general you, not specific you) happy, brings you joy or peace or however it makes you feel - that's awesome and I am happy for you. Faith, belief, religion - it just is very much not for me. If asked, I will tell you that, or if something like this thread comes up, and there is discussion about it, I will say just what I've said.

When I was losing my faith/belief structure, questioning it, the most support for keeping it came from a very dear friend who was a staunch atheist (not staunch as in almost fundamentalist about it, like I know some can be - just staunch as in, he was firm about who he was and what he felt about religion/god/gods). He was quite amazing about it, actually and I will always be grateful to him for the wonderful person he was during that time.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote