View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 01:17 PM   #3
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

i saw that they were holding this on social media. also read that they were thinking about three new water crossings for deerfoot - not sure where or why.

my thoughts are stop designing roads that start with three lanes and narrow to two then open up again to three and then narrow again - while i am no traffic engineer, to me the narrowing creates an artificial bottle neck - things would likely flow better with no lane reduction.

Deerfoot also likely needs some left hand merges, which are generally not popular in canada (i have seen some in san diego and minneapolis - they do tkae some time to get used to) - but you would need major onramp designs

anways, given the current finances around here, i am not sure where the money to do something will come from.

i also feel like this request is like asking homer to design a car though. but i am sure that there will be a couple of takeaways that the engineers did not think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
You guys probably already seen the electronic signs advertising it if you've driven on Deerfoot, but there's currently public engagement on the proposed long term interchanges for Deerfoot Trail. Open houses upcoming, and can currently provide your opinions online.

https://engage.calgary.ca/deerfoot