View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #87
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
LOL! I'm deflecting.

One of your players talks about the clubs lack of ambition and your response is but .. but ... we've got a net spend trophy.
If that's what you got out of my post, it says more about your reading comprehension skills than it does my argument.

Quote:
As the article says. West Ham and Palace are paying better wages.
That's actually not what the article says at all.

Quote:
Making the matter even more difficult for Tottenham is the fact that West Ham United and Crystal Palace are paying their best players over £100,000-a-week.
That's pretty damn vague. How many of their players are we considering "their best," because right from that same article:

Quote:
Toby Alderweireld remains in talks over a contract extension, but the Belgian has been reluctant to sign a new deal under £100,000-a-week which is roughly what top earners Harry Kane and Hugo Lloris pocket.
Would Kane and Lloris not be considered two of Spurs' best players? If we're rating Spurs' starting XI, Rose probably slots in anywhere from 5th - 8th depending on your mileage.

So I'll ask again, what would you have them do to show their ambition when they don't have the deep pockets that some of their rivals do? Do you honestly think Levy is sitting on a pile of extra cash because he's just not interested in winning?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote