View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #40
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
One of the fundamental challenges with taxi supply is the severe imbalance between peak and off-peak. If you suddenly and dramatically increased the supply of taxis, you would likely alleviate the severe shortage at bar-closing time. However, you'd also have taxi drivers unable to make a living as there would be an oversupply the rest of the time.
Sounds like things are starting to move in a positive direction....but I guess my question is, and pardon my callousness, but why should the City care about that?

If cab drivers are only needed at night time and on weekends, maybe it needs to be considered a part-time job. It seems like a waste of gas and resources for a cab driver to be driving around half the week just so he can say he has a full-time job.

Knowing that they don't have to work the full week might even make them more efficient. If I know that I'm going to only be working on Fridays-Saturday (and probably make the majority of my pay then anyway), I'm going to find something else to do Sunday to Thursday.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post: