View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #35
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
Here's my question: why is it that other cities can have a "bare pavement" policy, within 24 hours of a snow fall, but we can't? Why does Calgary have to always seem to depend on the chinook to melt it away? "Oh, wait a day or two. A chinook is coming and it'll be dry then."

Don't tell me to get snow tires, because it isn't happening. I'm tired of the city dumping SALT on SNOW, when it should be dumped on ICE. Get the plows out, and clear the dang snow!

I would gladly pay more in my taxes (I believe a report from Global said somewhere in the range of $40 per person, per year) to have clear roads in the winter. This depending on the chinook is a joke.
I personally think that, even with our relatively cold and snowy winter, that the roads have been in pretty good shape this winter. But then again, I have appropriate tires for my climate.

Honest question: Why is it so important for so many people to have bare pavement on every side street? I'd rather the city focus the efforts on responding before, during, and after snowfalls on main roads than grooming a side street that barely sees any traffic. And I think that the main roads have been tended to really well.

That's a general statement and not directed at you in particular, Red Mile DJ.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post: