View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #20
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
I think he probably is. Goalies are funny, but he doesn't look like flash in the pan. He is just a strong, sound goaltender - with just the right amount of weirdo great goalies seem to possess.
I’m in the ‘probably’ boat too. I was pretty skeptical at the beginning of the year but here are my reasons for changing my mind after a closer look:

- his biggest attribute is the ability to track the puck. He can find the puck quickly even in traffic and frequently puts himself in a position to do so... he’s not a guesser but is also a very active goalie. Good balance there.
- very strong lower body strength that results in good five hole coverage. This basically puts him in dependable backup territory at worst.
- battles hard for loose pucks.

I’m still undecided on his coverage up high, especially when it comes to top six forward level shooters. But the reasons listed above puts him at least on average starter territory. When I watch goalies, I try to ignore the flashier saves and the bad goals... I try to see what he does on the routine saves and what happened on good goals. Basically, he’s pretty solid.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post: