View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
Bandwagon In Flames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Actually would prefer both of them on the forth line and Backlund shifted to wing at this point.

Cammy-Stajan-Stempniak
Baertschi-Monahan-Hudler
Backlund-Colborne-Jones
Bouma-Jones-Galiardi

I undertstand playing McGrattan against our bigger divisional rivals, but not sure he is needed against the Florida Panthers.
I think Bouma has proven he can be more than a fourth liner. The guy's got some hands and can actually deke out a defenseman. I've been very impressed with him this season in all three zones, not to mention the PK. Top that off with his physicality and he's simply got too many tools to be given so few minutes. Especially considering he's still in his developmental years and will only get better with more ice time.

That said, I don't mind that lineup for games we don't need an enforcer. B.Jones can still be an agitator and Bouma can back it up with a few fists.

I was a huge Galliardi fan coming into the season, but this guy just can't get his game together. He's so fast for his size, but doesn't have the hockey IQ to make smart plays with the puck. He plays way faster than he can handle the puck, reminds me of Sean Donavan except he's not even using his speed to get regular break-aways (he did have one sweet breakaway goal early in the season though). He's shown to be nothing more than a 4th line NHLer with what he's bringing right now.
Bandwagon In Flames is offline   Reply With Quote