View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 02:52 AM   #47
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Honestly, although I enjoyed Audition I didn't feel it lived up to its hype. I'm not sure why exactly, but I wasn't blown away by it.
Yeah your not the only one, there is just something about Takashi and his style that I love, Ichi the killer has the same reaction by a lot of people.

Quote:
Good call on both of these. Pandorum got bad reviews IIRC, but I enjoyed it. Felt like a mix of Event Horizon + Aliens.
Exactly! This is why Pandorum was so good, it put those 2 excellent horror films together really well.

Quote:
Another fantastic recommendation. I had I Saw the Devil in my top 5 overall films, but didn't include it in my top 5 horror films as it's more of a psychological thriller I suppose. Either way, I love this film.
It really stands out, funny you should say thriller, in Fangoria film fest LA in 1997 a speaker talked about studio's avoiding calling movies Horror films in order to attract a wider audience because they felt there was a stigma to that genre and thriller appeals to a wider audience. So many movies titled as thrillers should be called horror films, so I tend to see thriller's as horror films, I think personally this film is exactly what a Horror is, because the story and what happens is horrific stuff.

Quote:
As an aside Thor, what other Korean horror/thriller films would you recommend? I've seen (and loved):
Bedevilled, Thirst, The Host, The Vengeance Trilogy, Memories of Murder, Mother, The Man from Nowhere, The Chaser, A Bittersweet Life, The Yellow Sea, and a few others I can't recall at the moment.
Let me get back to you on that, I have a friend who's lived in Korea for 10years now and going to ask him what his are, he's a big fan of Horror as well.
AC