View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 03:14 PM   #12
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotTalk View Post
Although I'm loathe to derail this any further, Ivermectin is very low risk and well tolerated in the majority of patients. You can see the reported percentages of side effects at this link (the overwhelming majority of which are not serious and disappear within a few days of a patient stopping taking the drug).

https://www.rxlist.com/stromectol-drug.htm#side_effects

You can also read this article from 2017 (pre-covid crazy) that calls Ivermectin a 'wonder drug' with a wide range of potential benefits, including the treatment of epilepsy and other neurological disorders.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

I'd also point out I'm not making any claim on its effectiveness on treating either acute or long-covid, just that its a low risk medication so, if someone suffering from long-covid finds it helps them, even if it's just via the placebo effect (which is real), all the power to them. We have very little understanding of what causes long covid, ergo, it logically follows that we don't have a good understanding of what treatments are or are not effective, so if something brings someone relief from a low risk treatment I'm all for it.

Its unfortunate that the treatment of covid has gotten caught up in the politicization of vaccination and the left/right divide.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, hopefully Sutter fully recovers; the Canucks suck; and thanks for 6 years of Chucky dim Jim.
Invermictin is a single dose anti viral, the Covid numpties are taking it every day because, well I guess Darwin is punishing their stupidity, as such for them it is very dangerous and likely is causing a raft of what he thinks is his long covid symptoms, kind of like Lindros taking 10 or 20 tylanol for his headaches that were actually being caused by the 10 or 20 tylanol he was taking
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote