View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #808
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Isn't the Gilmore report over 2 years old?
It's an annual report for 2016, so written in 2017. The executive summary highlights several deficiencies with projected solutions not until mid-2018. IOT&E scheduled for Aug 2017 didn't happen and the author projects 2020, perhaps 2019 best case.

What deficiencies has Locheed corrected? Any?

If so, they corrected them late, past the original due date. If not, we shall see if they can hit their new targets of mid-2018, 2019 or 2020. But I don't think they (Locheed) have corrected them and the article seems to imply that they don't really have a clue how to fix them.

Of course the F-35 has modernization projects - gotta keep the money flowing. They are all designed that way and they will keep modernizing. There is no end state...until the wings fall off. My intent was to point out the costs, not that there is a Block 4 modernization project.

My point is it's a gold-plated turd sucking a lot of money and I really think it will end up being a POS. In fact, they should use it as a lessons-learned and just start the sixth generation project.

Yeah, a lot of planes are delivered, but this is for the media and optics. The reality is they are hanger queens once they are delivered.