View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 02:26 PM   #11
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
so we don't believe in second chances around here now?

Not saying I want anything to do with Voynov, but at a certain point, if he's truly reformed, 2014 is a long time ago.

Obviously not excusing anything he did, as it was horrible and truly despicable but shouldn't he be given some credit for the past 5 years of reformed behavior

(as long as he's shown remorse and made efforts to change. If not I retract this entire statement)
Yes and no. He should get credit if he is, in fact, reformed, in the eyes of the law. Whether or not the NHL wants to employ him is their business. I'm fine with players being held to this standard or higher. There are plenty of talented hockey players, we don't need a**holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I am by no means condoning his conduct but doesn't this kind of thing happen in the NFL like every week and everyone barely makes a mention of it? They get a slap on the wrist from the the league and are back playing football in like 6 games.
All the more reason for the NHL to show some actual courage and not put up with this BS in their league. The NFL is a joke when it comes to this stuff.