View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 01:31 AM   #64
circle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

1) Are you going to continue to watch the playoffs or are you going to pack in in and wait for the start of the offseason activities?

I will continue to watch the playoffs. Hockey in my mind has never been more exciting with the level of talented younger stars really thriving in today's game. Most of the teams left are pretty fun to watch, even the Islanders that plays defense-first hockey are exciting to watch because of Barzal.

2) How likely are you next year to dedicate a lot of time to watching Flames hockey?

Extremely likely. No matter how frustrating it is, this is the team I grew up watching and have been cheering for my whole life and not watching would leave a void in my day-to-day life from Fall to Spring.

3) Would you consider yourself a die hard flames fan, a interested flames fan, a casual flames fan?

Die-hard. Highs are high (few) and lows are low (many), but just gotta keep cheering.

4) What would it take for you to switch team allegiances?

The Flames would need to relocate, change team names, turnover the roster AND a new NHL team would have to come to the city for me to cheer for someone else.

5) Do you think that the on ice product that is provided by the NHL a) Its great hockey don't change a thing b) Its not a great product, I watch it because there's not a lot out there or I feel obligated c) I'm thinking of being done with the NHL.

Going with A. Although many of the systems that teams are running are similar to one another (drop-passes and umbrellas on the PP, 2-1-1 on the PK, etc.), so many of the players are just electrifying to watch that they can break down rigid structures that can make overall play boring. Definitely some gripes with some of the rules that they've put in place like the offside and goaltender interference challenges, but overall, I think as these things mature, the NHL is figuring out how best to implement them.