Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 09:45 AM   #5002
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop27 View Post
What do you think of the Optishot from the amount you have used it? Obviously not tracking the ball limits the 'realism' but I am curious about the fun factor to it.
It's pretty good for the price.
Even just using it with a hitting net and your laptop screen is enough to get going and playing rounds. Comes with 14 course + a range.
I find it's quite accurate for distance and angles, but it doesn't track thin or fat shots well since it's just sensors tracking the clubhead passing over them.

However, I'm not sure I'd buy it again.
With products like the Garmin R10 coming out, there's probably a setup that's cost effective and tracks the ball I'd try to create.
Plus I'd love to have something I can take from my sim to the range and back & forth like that.

The other problem I have is it's difficult to use with both right & left handed players.
Unless you have a really wide space where you setup stance mats on both sides. You can't really move it for each player as sitting inside the stance mat and wired out to your computer.
My space I'd about 10' wide, so I've set it up for righties and lefties can't join us for a round.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post: