View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #31
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I'd almost guarantee Stone will stay here after he's done.
I believe his wife is from Calgary or at least her family lives here now, so that's a slightly different situation than someone who had no other ties to the city than the Flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Rhettzky and I believe Brouwer too.
A few weeks ago, Brouwer hit a hole-in-one at one of the area golf courses. From what I recall, the fact that his family was building a home here was one of the factors in why he chose to sign with the Flames in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I think Craig Conroy is still living in Calgary. And he's *gasp* an AMERICAN!
That reminds me of a story I read (probably posted here a long time ago) after the whole Pronger situation went down in Edmonton. One of the local reporters reached out to Conroy's wife to talk about the difficulties of raising a family while your husband's a pro hockey player. During the interview, she told a story about one of her daughters being given an assignment to write about "if I could live anywhere in the world, where would it be" while they were living in LA. Most of the other kids in the class wrote about other big cities in the States or places like Paris or Hawaii. Their daughter wrote about living in Calgary.