View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 11:58 AM   #283
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
This is the first major milestone of the season where the Flames are not in the playoffs. They could possibly end up in a spot by points if Colorado loses today but they won’t be on points %. They were in at US Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year but won’t be at the all-star break. The next and final benchmark before the end of the season is the trade deadline.

This team could miss and this team could win the division. I feel it really comes down to 2 players and they are Markstrom and Huberdeau. If each can play to their level from last season down the stretch then this team likely is in a spot to win the division. If they continue to be the average players they have been it will be a dogfight to get in. I know they call the Lindholm/Toffoli line the top line but if this team is going to go on a run the Huberdeau/Kadri line needs to take that title.
Last night was the first time I’m starting to have confidence that Huberdeau could get going. I do think Pelletier being in the top 9 is making line combos better. Sutter has more to work with and we could see 3 very good line’s starting now.

Markstrom needs to get hot and Tanev needs to come back though
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote