View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 02:49 PM   #10
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just finished up American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I haven't watched the television series, but was considering it and wanted to finish the book first.

That lead me to finally getting into Terry Pratchett, and I'm reading the Death Trilogy, starting with Mort. I'm not the biggest fan of humorous writing, but I am very impressed with how smooth this goes down.

Also, I finally found copies of a series that I read in high school, and thought was great then. I'm hoping it stands up. The Guardians of the Flame series by Canadian fantasy author Joel Rosenberg. It's about a bunch of friends at the UofT that have a D&D night, are knocked out, and end up inside of the story. Goofiest of premises, but I remembered it as having a lot more depth than you would think. When they finally figure out that they have certain advantages coming from an advanced culture, the series takes off. Looking forward to revisiting it.