View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #198
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman90 View Post
I know I'll probably get flack from the audiophiles here, but I've had a pair of $30 AUKEY Bluetooth Headphones. I've always liked the behind-the-head style for when I am on the go. These are light, fold up to a very small size and sound really good for podcasts and audio books, and are good enough for me for music. For $30, they are worth a try.

This gives me flashbacks to the behind the ear Sony headphones I had as a youngster. Pretty decent performance for the price at the time ($20 for the wired version IIRC). I loved those things.

These look pretty sweet, but I have no reason to acquire a bluetooth headphone to replace my MPOW Wolverines (Which I rarely use).

IMO, the most important aspect of headphones (same as cameras) isn't necessarily the quality specs of the item, but the satisfaction and the actual usage of the headphones. If those are you daily drivers, awesome. If they collect dust, $30 or $300, what a waste.

I was really temped to acquire a pair of HD598 when they were on sale for $110 on Amazon (I wanted a set of open cans), but honestly speaking, I rarely use headphones now. I'd be better off spending it on getting a better blue tooth speaker or something (though I already have a sweet set of Harmon Kardon bluetooth speakers). I also personally view audiophile level headphones as a hobby vs a way of life in the same way someone may have a "fun" car and a "daily driver". It's awesome if you can combine the two, not an issue if you can't, seemingly pointless if any of them collect dust vs being driven.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote