View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #189
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Massdrop just launched what's likely going to be one of the best deals in HiFi headphones you'll find anywhere. They've teamed up with HiFiMAN to create the HE4XX headphones - a set of open-back, planar magnetic headphones, for just $169 US + $15 shipping to Canada.

I've had the HE400i headphones and they were so detailed and articulate, it made me feel like I'd been listening to music through balled-up toilet paper my entire life. However, I eventually passed them along as they needed modification of the ear pads to strengthen the bass to where I'd like it, and had a bump at 8khz that did not agree with my ears. The HE4XX comes stock with upgraded Focus-A ear pads, and tweaked drivers that have reduced the 8khz bump and smoothed out the frequency response in general.

If you've got a budget of $250 CAD, you really can't go wrong here if they even approach the performance of the HE400i. If your curious about planar magnetics, or are looking for your first true HiFi headphones, get on this!

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote