View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 10:23 AM   #1243
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don't think I can justify the price for a TV. The difference in viewing experience just doesn't make it worthwhile to me. I think the best time to buy an OLED will be two or three years from now when the MSRP has come down another ~30%, Panasonic has entered the market and they've got top-flite processing to deal with motion and the like. Until then it strikes me as a TV for the most videophile of videophiles, or people who see 2 grand as pocket change.

I found a deal on a new Sony X900E for 2400 - currently they're on sale for 2700 at most places, already marked down. Again, that's a good deal, but I think the P series is still a better TV for my usage and now that the new range is coming out I just can't see it not going back on sale... I think I should just wait a month and see what happens.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote