View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #24
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ski View Post
How do you like the speakers and the sub?

I was very tempted by the Axiom Epic60's but ended up with the Energy RC's (which I love) thanks to some absurd mispricing by FutureShop (they were well <25% of msrp). As I was walking out to the truck with all 7 huge boxes staked on their flat-deck-cart I kept expecting someone to come running out to say they'd found out the mistake... never did.

The SVS subs have a great reputation, but I have to admit I've never heard one live. Would you recommend them?

To add:

Looks like we were typing at the same time, haha. Thanks for the screen material idea, and note on the 'wife acceptence factor' on the sub; something I have to always pay attention to as well. Would love to hear more on the speakers.
Very happy with the purchases overall. The speakers are very nice, I never feel like they're harsh no matter how loud I go.

The sub.. it kicks, I've got a very large room to put it in (something like 6000 or 8000 cubic feet, can't remember) and it's actually made me jump thinking something fell and hit the house a few times, but still sounds good too.

I really haven't had time to tweak it out though (go in with a sound meter , play around with the sub position and all that stuff), so it could all probably be better as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: