View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 04:14 PM   #627
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
I'm looking at this Sony OLED on sale at Costco for $400 off. https://www.costco.ca/sony-55%22-4k-...100763948.html

This would be replacing a 50" Panasonic plasma, wall mounted in a small family room. We also have a projector and 108" screen downstairs with all the surround sound etc.

Any pros and cons to this set? Given that the plasma is 13+ years old, I don't buy TVs very often so I don't mind the price. Just want to make sure I am getting decent quality and I know Sony has been good in the past.
Very happy with the purchase, overall dimensions are the same as the 50" plasma there is just a lot more screen and a lot less bevel. Was nice to pull the 98 lb plasma down and only have a 38 lb TV to put up. I've downloaded a few 4K test videos and it is pretty spectacular. Even with my nose 6 inches from the screen, the details are ridiculous. Sports / motion is pretty smooth, certainly nothing I'd notice for jagginess. And the black levels when watching a movie in the dark are amazing.

And I have also realized that I was seriously out of the loop - I don't need my Chromecast anymore, it's all built in. And there doesn't seem to be any ads etc like I have seen on my brother's Samsung. My parents visited the evening I put it up and mentioned their TV had also just packed it in. They bought the same one as me yesterday, I guess they liked it.
InglewoodFan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post: