View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 06:48 PM   #39
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymebalm View Post
I'm not convinced he makes the team out of camp. I'd love the scenario that sees the Flames graduate a defensive and offensive prospect and still challenge for the division, but I'm not sure that we are going to see immediate dividends by graduating Kulak.

However, coaches like him, he's risen to the top of the list in the AHL, and there is a spot open today for 6th D if he can outplay Matt Bartkowski at camp.

I'm rooting for another top-4 D to emerge from the farm. It's been 6 years since the last one graduated.
He's the most likely defensive prospect to graduate given his NHL experience thus far. Not sure why you're talking about a top 4 defenceman when all he'd be asked is to be the #6 guy. Not sure what your comment about immediate returns by graduating him means. Again if he's a passable #6 guy then great, we've got a cheap one with some upside.

He's waiver eligible. He's got NHL upside. If he looks like he can play then he makes the team because keeping him and playing him on a cheap contract pays more returns than losing him on waivers for nothing after putting a bunch of development into him. He stands a very good chance of making the team because of this. Why do you think he wouldn't make the team and do you think we might not just lose him on waivers if that happens? Then we'd be getting no returns on drafting and developing him. I'll take him as the cheap, homegrown #6 over no returns.

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher; 08-28-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Flames Draft Watcher is online now   Reply With Quote