View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #2441
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
My SO is a social worker and interviewed with the city ~1 year ago. She was making ~$50k/yr, the city job was $80k and was an identical job with a lower case load and less responsibilities.
Still sounds incredibly unreliable to me. Have no idea how someone can look at a job posting and, without spending even one day actually working the job, conclude that it is "identical" to another job or has a "lower case load" or "less responsibilities". I should also point out the obvious internal inconsistency in her conclusion that the City job was both "identical" to hers yet also had a "lower case load" and "less responsibilities". Doesn't make for compelling evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
We're pretty sure she only got the interview because the city needs to put on a facade that they aren'y only giving these jobs to people who are already well connected with the city government.
For what its worth, although still open to abuse (no question), job competitions in workplaces with collective bargaining agreements are far more formal, rigourous and open to scrutiny than in non-unionized workplaces.