View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #28
flamesaresmokin
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
We have some pieces, definitely, but we don't have any highend potential. Bouma, NEmiesz, Wahl, etc. These are all 3rd and 4th liners that are easily replaceable and interchangeable.Every team has these pieces. If they don't, they can easily be had by adding free agents. We're in deep sh** when current guard gets a few years older.
Explain to me why so many of these other teams in the league have such amazing talent pools then? Aside from having one standout pretty much everyone else has similar player pools as us. The big difference is that the experts who talk about prospects you refer to are doing as much research as the guy who wrote this piece of crap article.

These experts you refer to only consider players that are about to be drafted phenomenal players because it generates attention. They aren't paid to analyze players who have either been drafted or wont be in the top 30. Look no further then bob mackenzies joke of a mid season ranking. His write ups were one liners and after about spot 40 they stopped completely and he just ordered them off of someone elses list.

Put our WHL prospects up against the drafted WHL prospects of the rest of the league stat wise and age group wise and i guarantee we are somewhere around 10-15 if you base it only on numbers.

I'd say also having a stud defensive prospect in Europe and a standout ahl goalie is a pretty good start at having players ready to take over for the "old guard".

Last edited by flamesaresmokin; 02-25-2011 at 12:38 PM.
flamesaresmokin is offline   Reply With Quote