View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #26
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
No... I have a good deal of knowledge about our prospect base. Not a GM or anything, but on par with anyone else who follows the FLames and their prospects on a heavy basis. What I don't have, is the ability to be a blind fanboy. Our prospect pool sucks, it's as simple as that. Every hockey megazine published concurs, and anytime I've heard an expert speak on the subject (that wasn't directly involved with the Flames) has the same opinion. No where outside of calgarypuck will you hear a good thing about our prospect base.

Why is it so hard to see your own team's faults? It's not even debateable. That's why these threads never turn into debate and always turn into "You're a troll", "Debbie Downer", etc. as results.

When have I ever said the Flames have a good prospect pool?
I agree our prospect pools needs to improve big time.

Posts like this however when you're already saying what potential players have when their 18, 19, 20, 21 etc, makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Why do people get so mad when they read the truth? Our prospect pool absolutely sucks. Unless you are drinking the Flames Kool Aid heavily, it's painfully obvious that we don't have one single player in our system that could even remotely be considered to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. Even our D is full of 2nd/3rd pair prospects. We may have two legitimate goalie prospects in Irving and Ortio, but that's it.

I think a C rating is pretty generous for us.......
Quote:
5 point in 17 games...... I wouldn't rank him in the top 10 either. Do we even have 10 prospects worth ranking?
Beerfest is offline   Reply With Quote