View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Tis the season to yell at kids

I guess this is mostly for people who have kids, but how do you deal with kids acting up when you are visiting people or in public? Are you OK with other people giving them heck? Is it only OK if the other person is family or known to you? What if it is a stranger... would you be offended if someone told your kids to stop doing something destructive or annoying (even if you agreed it was deserved)?

There are so many rotten kids out there and it seems like the holiday season amplifies it. As an adult, sometimes I feel like I have the right to put my foot down when it is in my own home, but in public it seems taboo, at least in North American culture. It's tempting sometimes though.

For full disclosure, I am a bit of a prude in this regard. My parents were fairly strict, especially when it came to doing things that annoyed people. There is also the fact that I do not have kids so I probably haven't developed the same tolerance level as people who are around it constantly. If I had kids, I imagine my tolerance level would be different.