View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #25
lorenavedon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

oops yeah that was april. Here's march

So we're still lower than 08/09/10/11. Don't see the issue. Plus I have a feeling a lot of people front ran this spring market because of the oil prices so most people that would have listed in april probably listed in feb or march just to give themselves time. I'm willing to be april new listings won't be high at all. There's a few panicked birds out there and once people realize that the sky isn't falling and not everyone is panicking, they'll go back to buying and listings will drop again. The only thing that will be a negative impact will be net migration out of Calgary or a huge influx of new inventory online from new developments. Both are not happening so nothing to worry about. People move here, people need a place to stay, new inventory is slow to come online = hot market. Wouldn't surprise me to see another net price increase this year going into the second half of the year. As people have already stated, even with all these new listings, prices are not really coming down.

Really, the only people that think we're in trouble or that prices are going to crash are those that are looking to buy. Funny how that works isn't it?