View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #228
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll say this again for those who only click to the newest posts.

I have a Pontiac Grand Am, and I had stock tires on for a couple years. Then I almost killed myself as a result, so I decided it was time to upgrade. Put on some Falken ZE-912 from Kal Tire. Super good tire, made a world of difference in the summer.

In the winter, I put on Nokian Hakka RSi's. EXCELLENT tire, have never had a single problem in the winter. The only trouble with them is that they do handle like crap once it starts to warm up above 0 every day. BUT they are worth having on your car for those one inch snowfalls. Yes, it'll still take you 2 hours to make a 15 minute drive, but at the very least, you won't have worries about stopping, turning, an accelerating (like 80+% of everyone else on the road who thinks they don't need winters).

However, if you are NOT a daily driver, or you don't drive in ANY weather and can stay home on the worst of the worst, consider all-weathers (NOT all seasons). These tires will provide the best in all weather conditions and you won't have to switch them off. I think Nokian makes a great one of this type as well.