View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 03:40 PM   #2270
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Sounds like a lot of things that could/should have been worked on in the AHL. It sucks that he wasn't eligible to go there in D+2.

Not sending him to the world Jrs that year does seem like a missed opportunity. Sam (and the Flames) had a really slow start to the season. He did a lot better in November, but only put up 1A in the 18 games between Nov 27 and Jan 7 (of course he scored 8G in the next 5gp, including the 4 goal game).

Not sure when that decision deadline was and what dates he would have missed, but it couldn't have been any worse than staying here for the suck fest.

There's absolutely no reason he shouldn't have had a stint of 2 in the A the following two years.

How does the AHL fix his hockey IQ though? How does the AHL fix his hands or improve his first step? How does the AHL fix his meager size for the center position?

It’s not like Sam Bennett hasn’t figured it out in the NHL before. Last August was the best hockey I’ve ever seen him play. So he’s done it at this level against higher competition.

He just can’t translate it to the regular season and I’m not sure he can with the 82 game schedule and way the game is called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote