View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #29
Flamescuprun2018
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
I want to be a Kylington fan, but I'm not sure whether he's just having fun out there or if he has the ability to not make those stupid plays. I honestly haven't seen him enough in regular league play to get a sense of that; I normally see him only during tournaments or development style camps.

So on the premise that I (nor many other posters) really don't know what I'm talking about, I am always hesitant about prospects with poor decision making. Especially when it comes to defencemen. Imagining when/if he makes the Flames, I think he will be the most frustrating player for me to watch. I can't see him being the guy that I look forward to being on the ice, because those stupid plays are so much more damaging than the brilliance. Similar to those later Phaneuf Flames years, where he was always out of position trying to make massive hits.

Of course, this is my personal opinion, but I struggle to rank a prospect very high when I'm fearing seeing him actually play for my team.
I share your concerns exactly. Too many poor decisions that questions what his true hockey IQ is. It was his poor play that cost Stockton the game tying goal in final playoff game. Kylington also singled out for decision making issues with BT in development camp.
Flamescuprun2018 is offline   Reply With Quote