View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #35
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ski View Post
I'm impressed you were able to mount your projector so close to the ceiling and still shift it down to the screen. The furthest shift down mine would do has the lens about equal to the top of my screen.
Yeah I had to work out all the angles and stuff before I bought anything, to make sure that my screen size, projector drop, and lens shift would all work out. The Z5 has a really great lens shift, though I'm almost at the end of it, if my projector was off-center more than a foot it wouldn't work.

Though something must have happened because the image is tilted and not all the way down now, so I have to unmount it and re-do it, what a PITA.

Quote:
I only have 7 foot ceilings in the basement though, so it didnt cause any issues. My issue was actually finding a super low profile projector mount so i wouldn't hit my head!
Heh, we did 9 foot ceilings in the basement when we built.

The bulkhead that goes around actually goes all the way around that room in the basement, the reason was to hide the pipes and heating on the top right of the picture, but instead of having something square and plain, I decided to work with it and extended it all around the room, put in the corner details, and painted it darker to pop. It looks awesome I think.

Quote:
Ended up with this one below from Peerless which has worm-gears for pitch, roll, and twists in place too. Made setup a snap.
Hmm, I might have to look into that if my readjustment of my projector doesn't go well.