View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 02:19 PM   #20
Nandric
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Hit up the Naramata bench for sure! My parents retired to Penticton so I actually just got back from a visit showing them their the grandson yesterday. We did a day of wine tours and even with Covid they are still pretty busy out there, but also taking it seriously with about 90% of the wineries having their staff masked up and if the weather is good, the tastings are all outside on the patio (Bonus!). As well, they are requiring you to book appointments for most of them ahead of time as well as pay the tasting fee up front. They are still honouring the refund of the tasting fee with purchase of the bottle so its business as usual.

We did 6, which near the end was pretty tough and we did 45min between each booking with for shorter drives gave us plenty of buffer time for tasting and chilling. Doing a booking every 30min would be doable but if any tasting ran slightly long you start falling behind pretty fast.

Our favourites were Hillside, Deep Roots, and we were surprised by Howling bluff which had a bunch of good wines. As mentioned above, Lake Breeze's spice jar was pretty good but everything else we didnt enjoy as much. With Lake Breeze their view and food are pretty fantastic so it would be worth having a meal there. We ended with Elephant Island, and like DoubleF said they have some interesting takes on fruit wines and normal wines there and doing their fruit wine taster after 5 wineries was a good way to switch things up!

If you have any questions let me know, but we've done a ton of wineries along that stretch of road over the years and have first hand experience with the covid situation so might be able to answer some.