View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 03:28 PM   #334
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Sam Bennett contract negotiations.

This team shows up completely gutless in the playoffs except for a select few, and Bennett putting up 5 points in 5 games while being the most impactful forward in the series and the tune never changes for some.

$2.5M is 3% of the salary cap.

$3M is 3.6% of the salary cap.

$3.5M is 4.2% of the salary cap.

$4M is 4.8% of the salary cap.

“Give him away for a 2nd”. He’s one of the few players on this team that plays with an edge. Yeah, he needs to continue to develop consistency in the regular season, and I think he will. I also believe this team needs more players that carry themselves the way Sam Bennett does, not less.

I also think looking at how much cap we have available today isn’t worth very much, because it will likely change - and significantly so, given Frolik wants out (and has trade value), and that Brodie is likely being moved to make room for the youth (and he has trade value).

Re-signing Bennett and Tkachuk doesn’t pose an issue, we have the space or will make the space to ensure both get deals good for the team. The issue to me is how to improve the roster and address what is lacking while being faced with an 8th defenceman making $3.5M and a 13th forward making $5.75M. The positive side of me thinks Neal could bounce back, but I have no clue where Stone and his salary fit in.

Last edited by ComixZone; 05-25-2019 at 03:33 PM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post: