View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 12:44 PM   #364
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulchoice View Post
Well I certainly appreciate your honesty on this. However being you have never played the game on that level, you perhaps dont truly understand the core fundamentals of what makes the game of contact hockey great and different.

Full contact ball hockey is nothing like ice so it's definitely not comparable. I respect your passion for whatever it is you think is best for the game. However truly speaking you're most likely outnumber on this. I can't see it happening nor in my opinion should it. The game is fine just as it is minus the instigator penalty.

There is room for skill in the league and there is room for physicality as well. Those who can handle both or alter their own game to fit in where they lack(Gaudreau has skill but isn't physical, but is shifty and wise) and excel make it. Those who can't don't. There is a reason why less than 1 percent make the NHL.
I've never bought into the "you didn't play so you don't know" position.
In fact, my general view is that NHL players are terrible at protecting themselves and don't have a PA that does it well either.

The player POV is one input of many to discuss these things.

And my view is that the game isn't just fine and will need to evolve.
Which are all things we can disagree on. And right now I'm aware I'm outnumbered. But over time I think that will change.
There have been many issues over the years where if we just stopped talking about things because that's how the majority feels, progress wouldn't be made.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote