View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
Just saw this on another board...

Zuckerberg, facebooks CEO who is worth billions rents a 1.5 million dollar home near the facebook headquarters.
I truly can't think of 1 reason why he would choose to do things this way unless he has plans to live elsehwere in the next year or so.
Also interesting that he drives a $13,000 vehicle. I understand being modest is a great trait to have but I would still consider this guy modest if he owned a 2 million dollar home and drove a 50k vehicle.

Also interesting to note is Warren Buffet has lived in the same home since buying new in 1957 for under $32,000.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...moretopstories
I think the Buffet $32k home is pretty well known. Buffet is one admirable guy, doesn't let wealth get to his head and doesn't waste money on status crap like nice cars (other than his jet). Buffet and Gates focus on something much more important.

As for Zuck... its not like a house is going to be an investment for Zuckerburg, so why bother? Rent is easy, doesn't tie him down to anything, keeps his options open. He gets to stay in an area with tons of entrepreneurs and startups, as there are tons of startups in Palo Alto. I hear from my friends who work at Facebook or worked with him (i.e. one of the guys I know was one of Facebook's VP's) say he's just your typical nerd, but a really cool and easy going guy, and doesn't seem to be swayed by status crap like nice cars.