View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #8
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Over the last few weeks I have gone to work assembling a roster of young players likely getting excellent re-rates next season. Bailey, Marchessault, Sheary, Rust, Ryan, Namestnikov, Merrill, and now Rieder. I don't particularly care for draft picks at the moment, because I feel that I can be better at asset management by targeting already-established players.

It wasn't my doing that I don't have any picks (except a 5th) this season. I inherited that problem. My team has been on a roll lately, we have a very deep forward corps, and I am convinced that we will make the playoffs and go far this season and next. I am not concerned whatsoever right now.

You would be surprised what the sim can do to you. No matter how good your team is. The sim is especially hard on young players.

I tried everything I could to win last season and ended up missing the playoffs and having the #7 overall pick. That was with a roster similar to what I have this year. If the sim decides not to like you it's hard to change that. Every season is different and you will see teams high in the standings that shock you we well we teams below you that surprise you just as much.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote